Thursday, June 14, 2012

Goldman's Blankfein Wants To Work Until He's 117 Years Old




The CEO and chair of Goldman Sachs said on Wednesday he has no plans to relinquish his duties running the bank, according to Reuters.  Speaking to reporters after a breakfast appearance in Chicago, Lloyd Blankfein quipped: "I'm 57. What am I going to do with the other 60 years of my life?"

Blankfein, who has become a post-bailout lightning rod for critics of Wall Street, said five of his six predecessors left Goldman to accept jobs with the U.S. government, and six died while still heading the firm.

Given his unpopularity on Main Street, Blankfein said, "I'd say the government probably isn't going to call me ... so that leaves staying forever and dying at my desk."  Blankfein added that leaving the job would be difficult because when it is going well "it's the best job in the world and you wouldn't want to leave."


No comments:

Post a Comment