Sunday, November 25, 2012

If You Are Going it Alone, Beware




According to Jeff Carter; “ This summer, I rode in a 100 mile bike ride.  I did most of it by myself, alone on the road.  I wasn’t in shape, had only been on my bike a couple of times and so could not even begin to keep pace with the people I normally rode with.  Along the way, I picked up different people but because of the structure of the ride-we’d break up and reform.

Eventually, I was in trouble.  Mentally, I pushed myself, but physically I was dying.  I hooked up with John Garcia and rode his wheel through a valley I was going through.  He carried me around 10 miles-and I rode those ten faster than I had ridden the rest of the race.  This can be a metaphor for entrepreneurship.  You can go alone, but you can do more with the right partner.

As a trader, often we go it alone.  Even when you are trading your own money, you need to build a support group around yourself.  You can do more with a great support group because they help you through the peaks and valleys of trading.  A good one will tell you when you are wrong.  That was the great thing about being in a pit, traders supported each other……

No comments:

Post a Comment