Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Check Out All These Rich New Yorkers Whining About How Poor They Are



What's your hhi (household income) and do you FEEL poor, middle class, upper middle class or rich where you live. No judging. [

$700,000 poor. NYC

30K-ish (freelancer). Poor. But less poor than last year.

Around 100k and I feel very middle class. We don't live paycheck to paycheck. We have a modest savings. We pay our credit cards off in full every month. We go out to eat a fair amount. We go on vacation once a year. I don't understand how someone can make 7 times as much as us and feel poor.

loser. absolute loser for saying "poor".

$350K, so, so, so poor. Not being dramatic or anything, really poor. We totally struggle every day. UES.

You are over-extended. Get your expenses under control.

over extended? Us? Gee, you are brilliant. Obviously we are totally over extended. If we could get out of this mess, we would, but we can't.
What are your big expenses?
two homes.

Me too - but we are comfortable - get rid of one. Rent one out (I know it sucks) if you're really strapped and under water on both places. Don't be so grumpy about it though - you got into it. Get out or stop complaining.

Most poor people own two homes

You need to be kicked in the junk and have your "two homes" taken away. Then you'll know what "so, so, so poor" really means. Yes I am judging. Sue me.

2012 will be about 400k. Fell mc. HHI is down since 2009. Live on the UWS.
300k - I feel comfortable and grateful we don't have to worry about money right now.
500,000. DH spends to much so I feel poor
too

$360k. I feel very lucky. Upper reaches of uws. I assume previous responders were fakes?

THANK YOU. Finally, a sane person.

God, I hope so. I make $350k and there is no way I feel poor or MC
I make well below 100k but I have a unique living situation. My daughter and I live with my parents. I feel rich. I dont go on vacations but we have all the basics covered. I also own a 2 BR condo for investment purposes.
Brooklyn by the way.

Last year 2mm, prior year 1mm, before that 475. Feel middle class.

More? Check out http://www.urbanbaby.com/talk/posts/53801088

No comments:

Post a Comment