Tuesday, December 13, 2011

The 'Squidding' of Goldman Sachs


RollingStone’s Matt Taibbi almost shed tears of pride this morning when he read this hilarious passage in the Daily News:

Earlier Monday, about 300 protesters in squid costumes surged outside the offices of Goldman Sachs investment bank shouting, "We fry calamari!" and "Everyone pays their tax – everyone but Goldman, Sachs!"

“I wish someone had called me – I would have loved to have attended this "Let's Go Squidding" expedition. Folks, if you do this again, please let me know, and I promise to put some serious man-hours into designing a squid costume. As it is, I'd like to see in person some of the ones that turned out yesterday, especially that giant papier-mâché-looking thing I seem to see in the News photo. Whoever made that thing, if you're out there, please contact me.

“In all seriousness, I commend these protesters and hope no harm came of those arrests. Goldman continues to be a natural and appropriate target of protester anger and if OWS actions continue to mock the bank and make sport of them, it might help the public learn more about how these state-dependent banks operate and why they need to be reined in, if not broken up altogether.

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/blogs/taibblog/occupy-wall-street-the-squidding-of-goldman-sachs-20111213#ixzz1gSmt5Kv9

No comments:

Post a Comment