Monday, July 11, 2011

The Reluctant Billionaire

“I am not a billionaire,” Bob Parsons, the colorful founder of web hosting giant Go Daddy, Forbes this afternoon on the phone, “You put a tuxedo on me, it’s like putting a saddle on a hog,” he added. I wasn’t quite sure what he meant, other than that he didn’t think he belonged on the Forbes 400 list of wealthiest Americans.

I was just happy to be on the phone with him. I had been trying to reach Parsons ever since the afternoon of July 1, when Go Daddy announced it had entered into a deal with KKR, Silver Lake and Technology Crossover Ventures. Though financial terms were not disclosed, it had been widely reported to have valued the company at $2 to $2.5 billion. Based on that, it seemed very likely that Go Daddy’s founder, Bob Parsons, would become a billionaire….

Read more http://blogs.forbes.com/luisakroll/2011/07/11/the-reluctant-billionaire-go-daddys-bob-parsons/

No comments:

Post a Comment