Wednesday, June 22, 2011

The Best Trader In the World Worked For Bernie Madoff


According to a BusinessInsider columnist, the night Bernie Madoff got caught for running a $60 billion Ponzi scheme I got a call from my friend “Eddie” (not his real name). I couldn’t tell if he was crying but he was very upset. “I can’t believe it,” he said, “Bernie was like a father to me. Mark Madoff was like a brother to me.” We spoke on and off all night as more news came in and he came to grips with the new world he was living in.

I called Eddie yesterday and said I wanted to write an article about him and how I thought he was maybe the best trader I ever knew. I’ve met and worked with over a thousand traders. I traded for hedge funds. I ran a fund of hedge funds. I’ve written five books on trading.

He laughed. He laughed for two reasons. One is that he never thinks he’s a good trader. Two, he was afraid his name would be used. ..

Find out the rest at:
http://www.businessinsider.com/the-best-trader-in-the-world-worked-for-bernie-madoff-2011-6

No comments:

Post a Comment